Why am I writing this Blog?
To share ideas and facilitate discussion. We will take the time to dig into writings, articles, ideas, and saying from great thinkers. We will to explore ideas and thoughts that guide us all to be better leaders and humans.
What is Leadership?
Really great leaders know when to
- walk in front
- walk beside
- walk behind
- get the heck out of the way!
People say “you know great leadership when you see it,” but I don’t think that is quite right. Too often we know when a great leader has left us, but we do not always recognize or acknowledge them at the time. All too often ‘great leaders’ are defined as the folks that stand in front and talk loudly; truly great leaders have a balanced approach. They prepare the next generation and leave the organization better than they found it. Leaders come in all shapes and sizes. They do not always stand in front. They may be quite, introverted people who lead from beside or behind. When balanced leaders leave an organization it can take months or years to realize they have left because they prepared the next generation.
What to Expect.
- A couple times per month, I will make a new post exploring different aspects of leadership, business, and the supply chain.
- These thoughts will be focused on books, recent articles, and reactions to quotes from great thinkers.
- The unifying themes will be leadership, current events, and life.
Who am I?
- Rather than give you a resume or a list of accomplishments, I invite you to read the blog and find out for yourself what makes me tick.
- For those of you who wish to learn more about me, please visit my Linked In page.
- If you want to explore what ties it all together, read on and tune in.